There is no one common diabetes cause
Diabetes causes vary depending on your genetic makeup, family history, ethnicity, health and environmental factors.
There is no common diabetes cause that fits every type of diabetes.
The reason there is no defined diabetes cause is because the causes of diabetes vary depending on the individual and the type.
For instance; the causes of type 1 diabetes vary considerably from the causes of gestational diabetes.
Similarly, the causes of type 2 diabetes are distinct from the causes of type 1 diabetes.
Type 1 diabetes causes
Type 1 diabetes is caused by the immune system destroying the cells in the pancreas that make insulin. This causes diabetes by leaving the body without enough insulin to function normally.
This is called an autoimmune reaction, or autoimmune cause, because the body is attacking itself.
There is no specific diabetes causes, but the following triggers may be involved:
• Viral or bacterial infection
• Chemical toxins within food
• Unidentified component causing autoimmune reaction
Underlying genetic disposition may also be a type 1 diabetes cause.
Type 2 diabetes causes
Type 2 diabetes causes are usually multifactorial - more than one diabetes cause is involved. Often, the most overwhelming factor is a family history of type 2 diabetes.
This is the most likely type 2 diabetes cause.
There are a variety of risk factors for type 2 diabetes, any or all of which increase the chances of developing the condition.
• Living a sedentary lifestyle
• Increasing age
• Bad diet
Gestational diabetes causes
The causes of diabetes in pregnancy also known as gestational diabetes remain unknown. However, there are a number of risk factors that increase the chances of developing this condition:
• Family history of gestational diabetes
• Overweight or obese
• Suffer from polycystic ovary syndrome
• Have had a large baby weighing over 9lb
Causes of gestational diabetes may also be related to ethnicity - some ethnic groups have a higher risk of gestational diabetes.
Other diabetes causes
There are a variety of other potential diabetes causes. These include the following:
• Pancreatitis or pancreatectomy as a cause of diabetes. Pancreatitis is known to increase the risk of developing diabetes, as is a pancreatectomy.
• Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). One of the root causes of PCOS is obesity-linked insulin resistance, which may also increase the risk of pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes.
• Cushing’s syndrome. This syndrome increases production of the cortisol hormone, which serves to increased blood glucose levels. An over-abundance of cortisol can cause diabetes.
• Glucagonoma. Patients with glucagonoma may experience diabetes because of a lack of equilibrium between levels of insulin production and glucagon production.
• Steroid induced diabetes (steroid diabetes) is a rare form of diabetes that occurs due to prolonged use of glucocorticoid therapy.
Main reasons behind diabetes disorder
-Pancreas insulin producing beta cells damage due to auto immune disorder / other reasons .
-Pancreas not segregating insulin or Segregating less .
-Cells are not responding to insulin to uptake Glucose - This is known as Insulin resistance.
-Glucose receptors not working due to toxin in cells or other reasons .-
-Hormone changes by abdomen adipose tissue and Subsequent insulin resistance in cells .
-Food rich in carbohydrate , high Glycemic index .Quick Glucose absorption in intestine .
-Impairment in the function of Glycogenolysis ( glycogen conversion to glucose )
-Deficiency of Micronutrients (Vitamin,mineral,enzymes)
-Immune System dysfunction.
-Metabolic disorders .
-Hormonal changes due to Stress thro food & Lifestyle